It’s a beautiful star shower, so grab a camera and immortalize the moment!
Photograph the shooting stars to stop them on their tracks. Then, connect them to create constellations, and place them back in the starry night sky!
Take your time, enjoy the show, and rewrite the sky! It’s only you and the stars!
Created for GMTK Game Jam 2021
Watch as the star shower goes on. Whenever you see a group of stars cluttered close, take a photo of them to freeze them on the spot. Connect them to each other (with some having more than one connection available), and then place them back into the sky! Repeat until you’re satisfied!
Your score is based on the number of stars on each constellation, the distance between each connection, and if you managed to take a photo of special objects around them. If you’re not satisfied with your constellation, you may discard it.
When you’re done, you can even save your work as a wallpaper!
- A casual night at a star shower! Photograph what you see and create constellations!
- Bunch of names for the constellations! Do they seem to relate to the connections you made? Neither do real ones, don’t worry! But out of almost 27,000 different names, some ought to!
- Save your sky as a wallpaper! Enjoy your creation at the convenience of your computer! Of course, it also has a name!
- The game is played with a mouse, using Left and Right Click!
Once you have placed down enough constellations, you can save your very own star cluster into a one-of-a-kind desktop wallpaper by pressing the Snap Wallpaper in the results screen!
On Windows, a button that allows you to Open Wallpaper Folder will appear after you snap a wallpaper. You can press it to be taken directly to it!
On other platforms, you can check the following directories to find your wallpaper:
||%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Whales And Games\Starsnap
(Might be hidden by default)
|~/Library/Application Support/Whales And Games/Starsnap|
||$HOME/.config/unity3d/Whales And Games/Starsnap|
$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Whales And Games/Starsnap
On the Web, the wallpaper will download a few seconds after you press the button, though if you miss it, you can press the Redownload Wallpaper button to fetch it again!
Come and share your night sky or brag about the funny names of your constellations! We’re always happy to receive new starsnappers at our Discord Server!
Created, Developed & Presented by Whales and Games
- Programmer – JorgeGameDev (Twitter)
- Graphics Designer – Moski (Twitter)
- Audio Composer - Robinaite (Twitter)